For a conventional type of house, wood blinds are seemingly perfect. This will provide light and privacy control within the room. If you want it to appear more beautiful and exotic, wood blinds can do it for you.
Unlike the plastic types of blinds, wood blinds can be used inside your kitchen. Rather than buying a curtain that will sometimes mess up your day, you can prefer choosing wood blinds over them. This is an affordable way to give your room or kitchen a cozy look.
Majority of the designers suggests that wood blinds are also ideal for offices. In fact, if most of the stuffs in your office like your chairs and tables are made from wood, wood blinds will surely match with your motif.
Here are some tips for you when you buy wood blinds:
1. Consider the appearance.
Wood blinds are offered in distinct colors, designs and brands. Sometimes, in spite of the expensive price of some brands, their outstanding qualities are the factors that make buyers still prefer to go for them. The style and look of the wood blinds are incomparable to the blinds that are made from vinyl and aluminum. Wood blinds add an appealing effect to the room.
2. Privacy Offered by wood blinds.
In order to achieve your desired privacy, a wood blind is the answer. You can keep yourself away from too much exposure with its use especially if you do not want to be disturbed when you are doing your paper works inside your office or in your room. Therefore, it serves you two purposes at the same time, which are for you convenience and for the aesthetics of your room.
3. Light Controlling Ability
As many people know, blinds are composed of movable parts that will adjust the coverage of the blinds. If it is too hot outdoors you can totally close the window with your blinds but if you think that you also need some light then you can adjust it again to let some light seep in.
4. Insulating value of the wood blinds
Its main function is to shield the room from excessive lights. Gauge its value towards that you so that you can decide freely whether you will buy good wood blinds or not.
5. Ease of operation.
This is simply referred to the mobility and manageability of the wood blinds.
Faux wood is the most saleable type of wood blinds that can be purchase in the market. This is designed like real wood that can serve as great insulators from heat and cold. Ramin and bass are some of the know materials for making wood blinds.
Blinds and shades are window coverings common for similar purposes such as giving privacy to the people inside a particular establishment or protecting the interior part from direct sunlight.
– Slat blinds made of vinyl or metal is consisting of many flat horizontal slats connected to a string which have a 170 degrees rotation adjustments for hiding the light or it can be pulled up to clear the window. The blind rotation is dependent on the connector being attached to a pulling cord or string, so the lowering and raising are done by pulling different strings.
– Venetian blinds are slatted blind having either a plastic or metal composition. There are also available slats made of wood pertaining to wood or bamboo blinds. The slat width ranges from 50 to 120mm but the most common width is 50mm.
– Mini-blinds are Venetian blinds having narrower width slats ranging from 19 to 24mm.
– Vertical blinds have slats made of plastic, metal or stiffened fabric hanging from a track on its one end. The horizontal slats has a 90 degrees rotation for allowing light to pass or can be fold up to either side of the window or doors. They also called as track blinds.
– Solid blinds can be fold up or roll up but it cannot be entirely opened so that light can pass through. These types of blinds are populary called window shades. These blinds include:
• Holland blinds also known as roller shades can be pulled down to roll the window blinds.
• Wood blinds that are woven have slats made of decorative bamboo, wood or other woven natural material with a colored yarn, simple string or other materials having decorations almost similar to a solid blind. This blinds are roll up or fold up for light adjustments. Woven wood blinds are affordable shutters alternatives, energy efficient and has a greater control over lights.
• Pleated shades are made of fabric with pleated shades being pulled up so that it could flatly sit on the window’s top corner.
• Honeycomb shades resembles a pleated shades, the only difference are the other layers being sewed on the pleats forming a compartment trapping the air for insulation purposes. If you want higher insulation and energy efficiency, look for more cells counts.
• Roman shades are made of woven wood or fabric. It has excellent insulation and easier operation.
Blinds and shades vary in kinds, so choose what suits your needs best.